When evaluating or choosing new
cleaning products, some good resources include:
- Look for a 3rd party
product certification. Three that you can rely on include: Green
Seal, EcoLogo and Design for the Environment.
- City of San Francisco’s Department of the Environment has evaluated a wide range of products. Go to: http://www.sfapproved.org/
- For cleaning in the office kitchen, washing dishes, and hand sanitizers, here's an info source: www.goodguide.com.
- Some local vendors, such as Give Something Back, Radston's and Blaisdell's, can assist with 'green' choices.
- For the office kitchen, look for manufacturers such as Seventh Generation, Bio-Kleen and Ecover.
- Avoid hand soaps and dishwashing liquid labeled “antibacterial”.
- Some local vendors, such as Give Something Back, Radston's, greenoffice.com, and Blaisdell's can assist with 'green' choices.